9.05.2011

20 Mile Run

I am just exhausted thinking about it. Whew! I must say that I am very proud of myself for running 20 miles before the big race day. It has been hard getting the long runs in with Kayu being out of town. I feel guilty for leaving Charlotte with someone for so long and it is hard to get the motivation to keep going when you are running by yourself. It is amazing how mental running is. And I know that but for some reason when I am on my own I just give in and give up. Luckily I did this run with two coworkers and they kept me going. I did stop a couple of times (for a potty break, to consume some Gu (disgusting!), and to take some sips of water) but altogether I felt really good about the run. My legs tightened up towards the end but I was able to keep a decent pace. Two more weeks of tapering and then it is time for the big day....26.2 miles. Fortunately I have been training at a high altitude so I am hoping that this is an advantage when I get to Ohio.
Picture 1

4 comments:

MOM said...

Congratulations! Keep on running!
Love ya

Love A. Vicki said...

I wish I could run the .2 miles!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are intense shannon! do you guys have warrior dash or tough mudder, those type of crazy races out west? you keep training like this and youll school kayu on the next go.

Kayu & Shannon said...

She schools me now...